2018 Year in Review
Happy New Year! Falcon’s is looking forward to an exciting 2019, but we also wanted to take a moment to look back at all the great times 2018 brought us as well as say a big thank you to everyone for their support in making this past year a success!
2018 was a busy year for the Falcon’s team with many wonderful moments; here are 12 events we were incredibly proud and honored to take part in.
1. In April, Atlantis Sanya, China’s premiere ‘Underwater World’ inspired entertainment destination, resort opened. This ocean-themed resort spans 540,000 square meters and features a variety of marine and entertainment attractions. Falcon’s provided design services as well as art direction for two highly themed areas, the Aquaventure Waterpark and the Lost Chambers Aquarium.
2. We had another exciting project opening, Battle for Eire, a multi-sensory virtual reality motion simulator, opened at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. This ride takes guests on an immersive adventure through the lush Irish landscapes of the Otherworld to help the last remaining fairy guardian save the magic of Ireland from the dark forces of a wicked villain. As the turnkey provider, Falcon’s was proud to realize this project which has now been nominated for USA Today’s Best New Amusement Park Attraction.
3. Our themed entertainment podcast, Experience Imagination launched in July. Each episode of “Experience Imagination” features an industry topic discussed by a panel of creative professionals. Topics range from theme park design to interactive technology in themed spaces, to how to build an attraction on time and on budget, and more. Give it a listen on iTunes, Spotify, GooglePlay, or your favorite podcast app.
4. During the IAAPA Orlando Expo, we shared the news of our exciting collaborative agreement with PBS which names Falcon’s as designers of PBS location-based entertainment (LBE) experiences. This is PBS’ first foray in the realm of immersive experiences and the LBE venues will offer fun and learning for the whole family, themed around topics that PBS and PBS KIDS are known for, including science, the arts, technology, and nature.
5. We launched Falcon’s Vision™, a revolutionary augmented reality (AR) solution specifically designed for theme parks, attractions, and other special venues including museums, galleries, zoos, aquariums, and beyond.
6. The Falcon’s team had the opportunity to give back to the community by painting a mural for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Orlando. The mural depicts superheroes that were inspired by drawings created by teens from the Club.
7. We hosted a Hawaiian inspired Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) event. Approximately 175 guests attended and enjoyed a night of networking, a live luau performance featuring traditional dancers, a look at Falcon’s newly renovated office expansion, and more.
8. Members of the Falcon’s team were selected to create two immersive installations for IMMERSE Orlando, a city-wide celebration of art and creativity by Creative City Project. The “Art of Athleticism”, featured a digital media experience that used real-time motion tracking technology to allow people to their body movement to digitally paint on giant walls, and "The Seraph", was a 7.5-foot interactive angel representation created using projecting mapping.
9. 2018 marked Falcon’s 10th year exhibiting at the IAAPA Orlando Expo.
10. Falcon’s was honored to be part of the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey’s release of a Red Shoulder Hawk. The hawk was found injured in Winter Garden, FL and after several months of treatment and rehab was able to return to the wild.
11. Falcon’s exhibited at the IAAPA Asian Attractions Expo (AAE) in Hong Kong, this was our 8th year exhibiting.
12. Members from the team had a great time supporting Give Kids The World Village through participation in their annual 5K run, Footprints from the Heart.